Here are some handy little tips to help you increase battery life in your products!
- Store your batteries in the refrigerator in a sealed zip lock back. By storing alkaline batteries in a cool place, you will slow down the rate of chemical reaction and significantly increase their life span.
- If you’re storing your batteries in the fridge, always ensure that you allow them to warm up to room temperature before use.
- Always remove batteries from devices when not in use. Once removed, do not allow the batteries to touch metal objects as they will lose power.
- Never mix new and old batteries in the same device. The newer batteries will be stronger and could possibly cause the older batteries to leak acid. If you find that your batteries have leaked acid, always ensure that you wear gloves when handling the faulty batteries. Battery acid is extremely caustic and can burn your skin. It’s always better to be safe than sorry!
- Digital cameras will quickly drain the life out of any alkaline batteries. Always ensure that you use a heavy duty battery such as the Powercell high voltage battery for digital cameras and similar devices.
- If you have a lead acid car battery that won’t hold its charge, here is an interesting little tip. Grab a potato and grate it up using a regular kitchen grater. Once grated, wrap it in a piece of cloth and squeeze as much of the juice out of the potato pulp as possible. Then add one teaspoon of juice to each cell and charge over a weekend. You can often manage to get another six to twelve months use with this handy little tip.
Be sure to check out our full range of Powercell brand batteries by clicking here.