Bolts & Industrial Supplies Pty Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information when you deal
information by businesses.
We will only collect personal information from you with your prior knowledge and consent. You can access our website
and browse the site without disclosing personal information.
We will only use personal information provided by you for the purposes for which it was collected and we will not
disclose your personal information to a third party.
We ensure that your personal information will not be disclosed unless law requires it or to prevent or investigate
suspected unlawful activity.
We have implemented security technology and policies, rules and measures to protect the personal information
under our control against: unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and
We will remove personal information from our systems where it is no longer required (except where archiving is
If you wish to view the personal information you have provided or, comment on or obtain further information about
personal information collected by BIS. In this policy we explain how and why we collect your personal information,
how we use it, and what controls you have over our use of it.
- BIS is committed to complying with Commonwealth legislation governing privacy of personal information by
businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
Collection of Information
- Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered
private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services
to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities.
- In particular, personal information is collected from people in the following situations by BIS:
- If you contact BIS, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- When you establish or access an account or order product.
- When you conduct certain types of transactions such as cheque purchases or refunds.
- When you submit your e-mail address to our web site mailing list.
- When you place an order on our web-site to purchase goods we may require you to provide us with contact information
including your name, address, telephone number or email address and financial information (such as credit card
- Financial information that is collected via the web site or through the Trade is used by us to bill you for products
and services. Any financial information that is collected is for the purpose of transaction approval and funds
transfer. The financial information we collect from you is strictly confidential and held on secure servers in
- At or before the time the personal information is collected by us, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that
you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to the information held about you, the
purpose of the collection, the type(s) of organisations to which we usually disclose the information collected about
you, any laws requiring the collection of the information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the
information is not collected.
Use of Information Collected and Disclosure of Personal Information to Others
- We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is
collected (e.g. provision of our services, including administration of our services, notification to you about changes
to our services, record-keeping following termination of our services to you and technical maintenance). We may also
use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where you would reasonably expect
that we would use the information in such a way. This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business
in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information.
- In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
- Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat
to someone's health or safety or public health or safety;
- Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or
disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a
warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution
and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal
or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
- Our web site may contain links to other web sites and those third party web sites may collect personal information
about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of web sites that are
linked to our web site. BIS encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements
of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security and Storage
- BIS places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients and
contractors. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of
personal information under our control.
- Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
- BIS retains the information you provide to us including your contact and credit card details to enable us to
verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This
information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
- Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and
computer network password sanctions.
- No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive
to protect users' personal information, BIS cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to
it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once BIS receives your transmission,
it makes every effort to ensure its security on its systems.
- Ultimately, you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. You should
be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
- BIS is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers,
clients and web-site users.
- So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the National Privacy Principles,
then we will give you access to that information through our Privacy Officer at address: ua.moc.tlobmaps@t'nodofni
- Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure
confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the
information relates to you.
- If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will
provide reasons for such refusal.
personal information, your complaint should be directed in the first instance to us at email: ua.moc.tlobmaps@t'nodofni
- We will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the
collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about you in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy
legislation. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure then you may request that an independent person
(usually the Commonwealth Privacy Officer) investigate your complaint.
Transfer of Information Overseas
- Pursuant to the National Privacy Principles we may transfer personal information we have collected about you to
someone other than you in a foreign country only if such transfer is permitted by the National Privacy Principles.
- BIS collects information from the site using "IP files".
- When you visit the BIS site to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address
(the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server),
date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. This information will only be
used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. We may automatically collect
non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our
Web Sites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective
service on our Web Sites.
always aware of what information is collected, how it is used and the way in which information may be disclosed.
- Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the National Privacy Principles we recommend
that you visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at